Sunday 3 June 2012

2 Months ~ Letter to August


Auggy Bear,

Month 2 has gone so fast. We had our check up and your first injections, you were brave and only cried for a few seconds. You met your Oma & Opa for the first time along with Tante Miranda. We had our first long car journey down to the south coast sunshine, where we had a BBQ to celebrate Nana's Birthday, with your gorgeous bumped up Auntie. 

It amazes me on a daily basis that you are growing so fast, and not just physically. You stick your tongue out at me when I do, you are batting away toys, and talking so much more. Yours smiles are just divine. We spend most mornings talking to one another...big smiles and kicking legs are just perfect even at 5am!

You have grown out of your mosses basket.
You are wearing 3-6 month clothes albeit a tiny bit big.
Your hair has turned blonde.
You had a boys night in with Daddy.
You have been playing in your big boy cot.

There has been the odd sleepless night, and days of random crying. The tears make me sad; however I understand you are just trying to tell me something and I just have to learn what that is.

The more I get to know you the more I am sad that some people are missing it. Sometimes I feel them around us...you often look into space and smile a lot...staring at nothing, however I believe you see what I only feel. We are lucky to have them visit us August. 
Others choose not to be apart our world.... their loss. Missing out on your pure beauty, happiness and joy only makes me realise how foolish one persons decision can be. 

Your happiness is not dependent on another person August...never let someone else rule your world.

"You are the captain of your own ship; don't let anyone else take the wheel."
 Michael Josephson

Until then Captain, I will guide you through the still & rocky waters, holding your hand all the way.

I love you 
Mummy
xxx


1 comment:

Kay said...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...to all three of you from someone who is so grateful to have you all in my world...x