Friday 26 October 2012

7 months ~ Letter to August


Hey Pickle,

It seems this month has been the the month for teething...however we still have none! Frustrating is the word of choice. It makes me sad to see you in pain and not being able to make it disappear in a flash...I wish I could be the one in pain and have you giggling and happy. 

You love routine, and as I have found out, dislike it when we deviate from it, infact it puts you in a huge grump for the rest of the day. Likewise you have to have a lovely full belly, and just like your Daddy, get grumpy when hungry or someone else is eating and you're not. You have also developed a fascination with mugs...you love them and watch our every move when drinking from one...hands out stretched and little grunts indicating you want it....I think you might have a love for tea...or maybe a Dutch love of coffee more like!


At baby sensory you dressed up as a pirate captain for pirate week...we were the only ones dressed up but everyone loved it, and it has to be one of my favorite moments with you...such fun! It confirms my wish for you 'There is no one else like you, so be Magnificent!' Your day as a pirate only proved that.

All signs of that tiny dependant baby have left, and you are now starting to strive for more and more independence ..you want to feed yourself, you sit up unaided, pick out the toys you want to play with, you have, in your own way, started to communicate your wants and needs more than ever.

You now wave.
You have mastered sitting up
You are moving up to all the big boy classes, which makes me a tiny bit sad that we won't see all the dinky babies come in.
Shiver me timbers you were a baby pirate!
You giggle at silly faces and love being made to jump
Fruit is slowly being added to your meals
Prunes are your new favorite
You still havent mastered finger food
You love me singing 'Old MacDonalds farm' especially the ducks & the pig noises.
You have been seen rocking your winter squirrel hat
You have a little cheeky sideway grin

I think the next month is going to see you grow in so many more ways. I have my camera ready for all those fabulous moments and my heart ready to be filled with more amazing memories.
Please remember to keep smiling, giggling and being a wonderful little chap. You make my days so full to the brim with happiness and joy.

I adore you Pip the Pickle & always will,
Mummy
xxx

No comments: